What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
• See what data we have about you, if any.
• Change/correct any data we have about you.
• Have us delete any data we have about you.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Renter must submit complete the Cottage Rental Application and Agreement (“Rental Agreement”) to request a booking reservation.
- Once the Manager reviews and approves this application, the Manager will provide Renter a signed copy of the Rental Agreement and an invoice outlining payments due.
- If the Renter enters into a Rental Agreement the calendar year prior to Arrival Date, a 25% deposit of the Rental Rate will be due immediately and 25% on January 1 of rental year. The remaining balance of the Rental Rate, plus cleaning fee, plus the refundable Security Deposit, are due 60 days prior to Arrival Date.
- If the Renter enters into a Rental Agreement more than 60 days prior to Arrival Date, a 50% deposit of the Rental Rate will be due immediately. The remaining balance of the Rental Rate, plus refundable Security Deposit, are due 60 days prior to Arrival Date.
- If the Renter enters into a Rental Agreement 60 days or less prior to Arrival Date, the full amount will be due immediately (Rental Rate, cleaning fee, refundable Security Deposit).
- HST (if applicable) is 13%
- If paying by credit card, a Credit Card Handling Fee is applicable: 0% plus $0.30 transaction fee.
- All payments are due in Canadian Funds (CAD) and are to be made available for immediate deposit.
- Payment may be made by electronic email transfer or by credit card (handling fee applicable).
Cancellations by Renter:
- To cancel a reservation, the Renter must advise by email and receive a response confirming receipt of email before cancellation is deemed accepted.
- A Renter cancelling reservation 91 days or more before Arrival Date will have the deposit refunded, less a 20% administration fee.
- A Renter cancelling 61-90 days before Arrival Date will forfeit the entire 50% deposit. Should a Renter fail to pay the balance 60 days before Arrival Date, the reservation will be treated as cancelled, and the Renter will forfeit 50% deposit.
- A Renter cancelling 1-60 days before Arrival Date will forfeit 100% of the Rental Fee. If the Property is able to be re-booked for the same rental period, 50% of the rental fee will be refunded to original Renter.
Cancellations by Owner/Manager:
- The Owner/Manager reserves the right to cancel this Rental Agreement at any time, at which point all payments will be refunded to Renter.
- Should the Property not be available due to Acts of Nature (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), all payments will be refunded to Renter.
- The Rental Period is the period commencing on the arrival date (“Arrival Date”) and ending on the departure date (“Departure Date), unless terminated in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement.
- In the event of early departure by the Renter, the rental rate shall not be abated or be pro-rated.
Check-In and Check-Out
- The Renter shall check in no earlier than 5:00 PM on the Arrival Date and shall check out no later than 11:00 AM on the Departure Date.
- Neither the Renter nor any of the Renter’s guests shall be entitled to access the Property at any time outside of those times.
- Arrival and departure times are strict: If you arrive early or check out late, you are jeopardizing someone else’s vacation. We also need time to ensure the Property is thoroughly cleaned before you get here, so we unfortunately cannot accommodate early arrivals or late check outs.